After two wild video games on Championship Sunday, the Huge Bowl is at final residing: This ceaselessly is the Los Angeles Rams in opposition to the Cincinnati Bengals.
The Bengals are headed to the NFL‘s ideal game after disagreeable the Chiefs in Kansas City on Sunday. The Bengals tied an AFC title game document by overcoming an 18-level deficit to beat the Chiefs in additional time, 27-24. The Bengals shall be headed to the Huge Bowl for the third time in franchise history and first time in 33 years.
Despite the indisputable truth that the Bengals shall be flying bigger than midway at some stage within the nation for the game, their opponent will not be flying anyplace and that’s the reason for the reason that Huge Bowl is being performed within the Rams’ dwelling stadium.
The Rams superior by pulling off a wild comeback of their own in opposition to the 49ers. San Francisco became leading 17-7 within the fourth quarter, nonetheless the 49ers weren’t ready to engage on because the Rams clawed their procedure lend a hand to shock the Niners 20-17.
The Rams will now change into the second team in NFL history to play a Huge Bowl in their dwelling stadium. The Rams can even be going up in opposition to a Bengals team coached by Zac Taylor, who became on the Rams’ coaching workers the final time Los Angeles made the Huge Bowl lend a hand in 2018.
Right here’s a glimpse at the playoff time table along with the implications of every game that’s been performed to this level.
Huge Wild Card Weekend
Saturday, Jan. 15
- (4) Bengals 26-19 over (5) Raiders. The Bengals ended their 31-yr playoff drought, nonetheless things indubitably obtained dramatic forward of that came about. The Bengals’ take hang of wasn’t clinched until Carr threw an interception from Cincinnati’s 9-yard line with 12 seconds left within the game. In his first playoff start ever, Joe Burrow threw two landing passes, while kicker Evan McPherson residing a franchise document for playoff field targets with four.
- (3) Bills 47-17 over (6) Patriots. The Bills handed the Patriots a historical beatdown in a game that became by no procedure discontinuance. The Bills scored a landing on every of their first seven possessions, which is something that had by no procedure been performed forward of by any playoff team within the Huge Bowl era. The Bills’ offensive blitzkrieg became led by Josh Allen, who threw for 308 yards and five touchdowns on an evening the place the Bills totaled 482 yards.
Sunday, Jan. 16
- (2) Buccaneers 31-15 over (7) Eagles. The Buccaneers jumped out to a 31-0 lead in this game and by no procedure regarded lend a hand. Tom Brady threw two landing passes after which Tampa Bay’s protection did the remainder with two interceptions and a sack of Jalen Hurts.
- (6) 49ers 23-17 over (3) Cowboys. The 49ers regarded cherish they had been on their technique to a blowout take hang of with a 23-7 lead within the fourth quarter, nonetheless then things took a dramatic flip after the Cowboys mounted a angry comeback to slice the consequence in 23-17. On the opposite hand, the comeback fell just exact brief with the Cowboys’ closing force of the game ending at San Francisco’s 24-yard line.
- (2) Chiefs 42-21 over (7) Steelers. The Steelers jumped out to an early 7-0 lead after scoring a defensive landing, nonetheless it completely became all Chiefs after that. Patrick Mahomes threw for 404 yards and five touchdowns as Kansas City rolled to a take hang of that will now residing up a rematch with a Bills team that beat the Chiefs earlier this season.
Monday, Jan. 17
- (4) Rams 34-11 over (5) Cardinals. The Rams scored the first 28 aspects of this game and it became by no procedure discontinuance after that. A colossal motive the Rams had been ready to soar out to this kind of colossal lead is for the reason that Cardinals offense fell on its face popping out of the gate. The first half of became a total nightmare for an Arizona team that simplest totaled 40 yards within the first two quarters while also watching Kyler Murray throw a lift-six.
Saturday, Jan. 22
- (4) Bengals 19-16 over (1) Titans. For the first time in 33 years, the Bengals are headed lend a hand to the AFC Championship Game. Despite the indisputable truth that Joe Burrow obtained beat up within the game — he obtained sacked nine events — he restful managed to throw for 348 yards to propel the Bengals to one of their ideal wins in franchise history. The Bengals don’t hang won this game with out Evan McPherson, who hit four field targets, including the game-winner from 52 yards out as time expired.
- (6) 49ers 13-10 over (1) Packers. The 49ers had been ready to drag off the upset in Green Bay thanks in dapper share to some stellar particular groups play. No longer simplest did the 49ers block a field aim within the game, nonetheless they also returned a blocked punt for a landing to tie the game at 10 with just exact 4: 41 left. Robbie Gould then punched San Francisco’s set aside to the NFC Championship with a 45-yard field aim as time expired.
Sunday, Jan. 23
- (4) Rams 30-27 over (2) Buccaneers. Tom Brady almost pulled off every other improbable comeback, nonetheless Matthew Stafford mustered up simplest ample magic within the closing minute to lead Los Angeles to the take hang of. At one level, the Buccaneers trailed 27-3, nonetheless they managed to tied things up at 27 after a wild fourth quarter. The Rams had been ready to flee with the take hang of though after Matthew Stafford connected with Cooper Kupp for a 44-yard play with below 10 seconds left. The dash play residing up a 30-yard hotfoot-off field aim by Matthew Pleased.
- (2) Chiefs 42-36 over (3) Bills. Patrick Mahomes threw for 370 yards and three touchdowns because the Chiefs had been ready to engage on to beat the Bills in what’s on the entire remembered as one of basically the most enjoyable playoff video games in NFL history. Mahomes hit Travis Kelce for an 8-yard TD in additional time to exercise the take hang of. Mahomes also engineered a 44-yard force within the closing 13 seconds of regulation to residing up Harrison Butker’s 49-yard field aim, which tied the game and sent it to OT.
(4) Bengals 27-24 over over (2) Chiefs (OT). The Bengals tied an AFC title game document by getting lend a hand from 18 aspects exact down to shock the Chiefs in additional time. The Bengals obtained 250 yards and two touchdowns from Joe Burrow, nonetheless the ideal manufacturing came from kicker Evan McPherson, who hit four field targets within the game, including the game-winner from 31 yards.
(4) Rams 20-17 over (6) 49ers. The Rams trailed by 10 aspects within the fourth quarter and regarded to be all nonetheless performed, nonetheless then their offense came alive in a miraculous comeback the place Los Angeles outscoring the 49ers 13-0 over the closing 13 minutes and 30 seconds of the game. Cooper Kupp caught his second TD dash of the day within the fourth quarter and Matt Pleased tacked on two field targets for the Rams, who beat the 49ers for the first time since 2018.
Huge Bowl LVI
Bengals vs. Rams in Los Angeles, 6: 30 p.m. ET (NBC)