We all like a little adventure in our lives, which is why many individuals turn to sky diving as the way in which they receive the thrill of their lives. However, some like the thrill so much that they turn to the activity as a sport. Although parachuting does not require a lot of exertion, there is some physical activity and a lot of discipline involved. The discipline comes in the way of being able to follow procedure the way that it is meant to be followed.
When it comes down to it, though, there are many adventure sports that individuals can choose from. Some decide upon extreme sports such as skiing off of mountain cliffs into large snow drifts. Others choose bungee jumping off of bridges. There are some amazingly daring adventure sports, but skydiving presents an interesting opportunity for virtually anyone to enjoy.
Here are 7 reasons why skydiving is the best adventure sport:
1. Sky diving is an activity that anyone of any age can enjoy, as long as they do not have certain physical disabilities or heart conditions that could cause complications during the dive.
In some cases, entire families become involved in parachuting activities. They make entire outings out of them, buying packages for the entire family. Although there are no real age limits, the usual age is around 18. However, parents can get the kids involved if they are older. This is a great way to get aspiring competitive skydivers into the sport.
2. Initial dives are done either harnessed or tethered to a coach. There is training prior to the jump, all necessary equipment is made available, and proper instruction is given during the dive. Safety precautions are taken. If one device fails, there is always a backup.
3. Sky diving adventures are affordable. Many air yards offer sky diving and there are many instruction companies to choose from. Some individuals make sky diving a weekend activity for the entire family or with friends.
4. This is an adventure sport that can be done solo or in groups. Businesses may take their employees on an adventure, individuals have gotten married in the sky, and skydiving has been a part of many birthday and anniversary celebrations.
There are packages available to both individuals and groups. Group packages may come with discounts to save some money. Nevertheless, skydiving in groups can be a lot of fun. Over time, the group can learn to make formations in the sky, how to break formation, and successfully touch down on the ground.
5. For those who wish to take the sport further, they can. Freestyle sky diving is a sport where an individual can do acrobatic maneuvers and be judged upon their complexity. The overall concept reminds you of freestyle skiing or other extreme sports. It is fair to say that skydiving as an adventure sport, especially in the freestyle sense, is an extreme sport.
This is a sport in which competitions take place all over the world. There are some rather exciting destinations in which contests are held and they are equally as fascinating to watch.
6. This is a sport where you can start out as slow and stay slow for as long as you need before taking it to the next step. You don’t have to move to the next level in sky diving until you are ready. Over time, you will be able to jump on your own and do a few somersaults if you wish.
7. Skydiving has a low fatality percentage of less than 1%. There are nearly 2 million jumps per year and only 35 fatalities. Those fatalities are usually due to straying from jumping procedures.
One of the reasons why the fatalities are so low is because of the great training, safety precautions, and safety equipment that ensure a safe landing.
There are many reasons as to why skydiving is the best adventure sport. Not only is it a sport that poses risk without too many bad end results, it is one that is very unique. Now, no one expects the first timer to start doing somersaults as soon as they jump off of the plane. Actually, the first jump is usually done tethered or harnessed to an instructor. This is called “tandem skydiving” and gives you that first experience. Usually after the first experience, skydiving becomes addictive.